[Tutorial] Dissidia music hack
This video is a step by step tutorial showing you how to change the battle tracks of
Dissidia with an infinite loop. The method is barely the same as making snd0 for psx eboots.
Note that this guide can also be applied on Vista and 7 despite a Xp is displayed in the video.
Since it requires you to hack an iso of the game, you MUST HAVE a CFW Psp no matter what.
You can't write data directly into an Umd.Look Video or Download the Video as Mp4
- Get your MP3 and open it in Goldwave.
- Do the adjustements you want like increasing sound volume(edit, volume...). Do not increase it too much because it could sound crappy after; try to increase it at different degrees and remember that if it sounds crappy on your pc then it will sound crappy on your psp. Increasing the volume by 4 is the perfect deal for many tracks.
- Save it in wav format with the at3 adjustment(66kps=lowest quality...).
- Open Gwat3.exe and drag your fresh wav into the window. Convert it.
- Rename your track by the name of the one you want to replace in the game.
B01_01 = Battle Scene (FF1)
B01_02 = Dungeon (FF1)
B02_01 = Battle 1 (FF2)
B02_02 = Battle 2 (FF2)
B03_01 = Battle 2 (FF3)
B03_02 = This Is The Last Battle (FF3)
B04_01 = Battle With The Four Fiends (FF4)
B04_02 = Battle 2 (FF4)
B05_01 = Clash On The Big Bridge (FF5)
B05_02 = Battle 1 (FF5)
B06_01 = The Decisive Battle (FF6)
B06_02 = The Fierce Battle (FF6)
B07_01 = A One-Winged Angel (FF7)
B07_02 = Those Who Fight Further (FF7)
B08_01 = Don't Be Afraid (FF8)
B08_02 = The Extreme (FF8)
B09_01 = Battle 1 (FF9)
B09_02 = Battle 2 (FF9)
B10_01 = Otherworld (FF10)
B10_02 = Battle (FF10)
B11 = Chaos - Last Battle 1
B11_02 = Chaos - Last Battle 2
B11_03 = Chaos - Last Battle 3
B12_01 = Dissidia
B12_02 = Cosmos
B13 = Battle In The Dungeon #2 (FF11)
B14 = Boss Battle (FF12)
BS01 = Town (FF1)
BS02 = Rebel Army's Theme (FF2)
BS03 = Crystal Tower (FF3)
BS04 = Red Wings (FF4)
BS05 = The Decisive Battle (FF5)
BS06 = Dancing Mad (FF6)
BS07 = Opening~Bombing Mission (FF7)
BS08 = The Man With The Machine Gun (FF8)
BS09 = Dark Messenger (FF9)
BS10 = Fight With Seymour (FF10)
BS11 = Awakening (FF11)
BS12 = Fight To The Death (FF12)
There are the only tracks you can change in this game. You cannot change the victory/defeat/map themes since they are mirrored in the package.bin and are run in the game from this latter.
- Open your iso with UMDgen.
- Get to the Bgm folder(Data...).
- Right click on the white part at the right of the files;"add" then "replace existing files".
- Select your fresh at3 and replace the originals by them(click on "yes to all").
- Rebuild your iso(save as, uncompressed(iso)).
Credit goes to Anorhc from Gamefaqs boards for finding this method.
Music: Brad Sucks-Borderline(Looped Instrumental)